Saturday, June 06, 2009

Cop recalls Maoist attack: Can’t believe he’s alive

http://static.indianexpress.com/m-images/2009-06-07/M_Id_86203_people.jpg





Bankura:


Three days after the Maoist attack in which three of his colleagues were gunned down while having lunch, constable Nripendranath Das of Sarenga police station still cannot believe his luck. Das was one of the five policemen, who were attacked near Pirolgari crossing on June 3.



He and National Volunteer Force (NVF) personnel Balaram Maity had decided to stay with the police vehicle while the three others had their lunch.



“There was a friendly argument over who would have lunch first, as someone would have to stay with the vehicle. In the end, Maity and I decided to take lunch once the others finished and returned. I got out of the police van to stretch my legs when I heard gunfire at the dhaba. Before I could react, one of the miscreants hit me in the face with his pistol and took my rifle,” recounts Das, sitting on his bed in the ENT ward of the Bankura Medical College & Hospital.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can you really buy xanax online xanax online paypal - xanax street price nyc