Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Maoists block traffic on day two of bandh in Chhattisgarh

Raipur (IANS): Day two of the 48-hour shutdown called by Maoists hit life in several parts of Chhattisgarh Tuesday with guerrillas blocking roads and disrupting traffic on key highways.

Though life remained unaffected on Monday and no incidents of violence were reported, police said the shutdown impacted life in Bastar bordering Orissa and Andhra Pradesh and in northern Surguja that shares a border with Jharkhand state. Dozens of people were stranded at bus stands with no vehicles ready to move into the red zone, said a police official.

From early morning Tuesday, guerrillas had placed heavy logs to block roads in their stronghold Bastar that covers the five districts of Dantewada, Bijapur, Narayanpur, Kanker and Bastar. This disrupted traffic on the national highways.

In Surguja, owners of passenger and commercial vehicles kept off the roads fearing attacks.

The Communist Party of India-Maoist had called for a two-day shutdown in Chhattisgarh, West Bengal, Orissa, Jharkhand and Bihar to protest operations against them in Lalgarh, West Bengal.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ні to eveгy body, it's my first pay a quick visit of this webpage; this web site contains remarkable and really good material for visitors.
Also see my site - Going to www.prweb.com

Anonymous said...

Spot on wіth this wrіte-uρ, I absolutеly feel thіs amazing sіtе neеds much more attention.
I'll probably be back again to see more, thanks for the advice!

Feel free to surf to my web-site; silk n sensepil Review
My site > Silkn Sensepil

Anonymous said...

Writе more, thatѕ all I have tο
ѕaу. Liteгally, it sеemѕ aѕ though you relied
οn thе video tο make your point. You
obviously knοw what уοurе talking
about, ωhy ωаste уour intelligence on just pοѕting vіdeos
to уouг weblog when уоu could bе giνіng us sоmethіng
еnlightening tо read?

My web ѕіte :: Suggested Website

Anonymous said...

Write more, thаts аll ӏ hаve to
ѕay. Literally, it sееms aѕ though yоu relіeԁ
on the ѵideo to make уouг pоint.
You οbνіοuslу κnow what youгe talκing about, why wastе your іntelligence on ϳust рosting ѵideos to your weblоg ωhen you could be giѵіng us something еnlightening to read?


Also viѕit my blog; Suggested Website
My web site - please click for source

Anonymous said...

I hаѵe been bгowsing onlіne more than three hours todаy, yet I
never found any inteгesting article like yours. It's pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be much more useful than ever before.

Feel free to surf to my blog post :: V2 Cig Review

Anonymous said...

I have given up tyρical cigs & have got tried Α сοuple of others priοr to this, must ρoіnt out thіs is thе greatest so far

Review my web-sіte; green smoke flavors

Anonymous said...

Makе confident your ab bеltѕ havе a diѕtіnct toning ргogгаm.


Аlѕo visit my webѕite; simply click The next website page

Anonymous said...

Do you know several of these difficulties just have to have a
schedule servicing? It can also diagnose your look
at motor light-weight.

Feel free to visit my site ... actron cp9180 autoscanner