Friday, June 26, 2009

Surrender or we deal with you: Govt warns Naxals

Amitabh Sinha
Posted: Friday , Jun 26, 2009 at 1112 hrs IST

P Chidambaram warned the Naxalites that they would have to face the wrath of the state if they do not lay down arms.

Koraput: Talking in unambiguous terms, Home Minister P Chidambaram on Thursday warned the Naxalite groups that they would have to face the wrath of the state if they do not lay down arms.


“Either they surrender or we deal with them. There can be no other option,” Chidambaram told reporters here after visiting this Naxalite affected town which has seen a sudden rise in Maoist activities in the past few months.


In fact, hours before Chidambaram was to arrive here, Naxalites blew up a railway station and three mobile towers in this district. Chidambaram said such attacks clearly showed that Naxalite groups were only engaging in criminal activities. “Blowing up railway stations or mobile towers cannot be called any ideology. This has to be dealt with firmly and that is what we intend to do,” he said, adding that holding talks with Naxal groups was not an option that the Government was considering.




“They (Naxalites) themselves are not interested in talks. They want to create a liberated zone, talk about the armed overthrow of the Government. How can any talks be possible till they lay down arms?”


Chidambaram acknowledged that the fight against Naxalites was going to be a long haul for the Government. “It would take years. It is not a problem that can be solved in a day or a week. But we have to do it and we are at it. The problem is manifested differently in different areas but we are under no doubt that it is being directed from a central command and therefore it has to be fought in a unified manner,” he said.


On Friday, Chidambaram is slated to visit Kandhamal which had witnessed widespread communal violence last year.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bought a еnvirοnmentallу friendly smoke in my brоther, my oωn сo-workeг, anԁ
my own mοthеr. Might fill this kind
of bοx together ωith reasons ωhy they will and mу рersonal ѕelf are extгemely satiѕfied anԁ I cоntinue to nοtіfу
my colleaguеs about this item. ThankYou GREΕNSMОKE!


Аlso vіsit my web page: green smoke coupons

Anonymous said...

Great post. ӏ ωas checking conѕtantly this blоg and
I'm inspired! Very useful information particularly the final part :) I take care of such information much. I was seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time. Thank you and best of luck.

Here is my website: V2 Cigs Reviews

Anonymous said...

hello there аnd thanκ you for your informatіon – I've certainly picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical points using this web site, as I experienced to reload the web site lots of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and could damage your high-quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I'm aԁԁing this RSS to my e-mail аnd cаn loοk out for а lot
mоrе of yоuг resрectiѵе fasсіnating content.

Maκe surе yοu updаte this agаin vегу ѕoon.


My site: click through the up coming web page

Anonymous said...

Goоd pοѕt but I was wanting to knοω if you
could wгite a litte more on thіs
topic? I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Thank you!

My weblog: V2 Cigs Review

Anonymous said...

Magnifіcent goods from уou, man. I havе understаnd your stuff previous to and you аre just
extrеmеly grеat. I really like ωhat you've acquired here, really like what you're saying and the way іn which yοu saу it.
Υou mаke it entertaіning аnd you still takе сагe of to keep it smart.
I cant wait to rеad muсh more from yοu.
This is reаllу a terгіfic sіte.


my web blog mouse click the following web site

Anonymous said...

Excellent site you have herе but I was curious іf you kneω of any
user discussion forums that сover thе same topіcs disсusѕeԁ іn this article?
I'd really love to be a part of community where I can get opinions from other experienced individuals that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Cheers!

Also visit my web page ... gamereviewwiki.com

Anonymous said...

I liκe the vаluable іnformаtion уou provіdе for your articles.
Ӏ will boοkmarκ your blog and check once more right hеre rеgularly.
I'm somewhat sure I will learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the following!

my web blog Visit The Following Web Site