Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Thirty Maoists caught

Express News Service First Published : 30 Aug 2009 06:09:00 AM ISTLast Updated : 30 Aug 2009 09:36:53 AM IST

ROURKELA: Thirty Maoists were arrested during night-long combing operations at three places in Sundargarh district.


The Maoists were caught during joint combing operations by police and CRPF at Silpunji, Chandiposh and Champajharan areas in the district on Saturday. Arms, ammunition and posters were also seized from them.

Police claimed that the rebels, during preliminary interrogation, have confessed to involvement in the recent kidnap and killing of SI Ajit Bardhan, officer-in-charge of Koida police station and looting an explosive-laden van from Champajharan on July 17. A CRPF jawan, Abdul Mohammed Rafique, had died at Jharbera in landmine blast the next day. A senior police officer, said at least three of them were regular guerilla cadres while others were ‘militiamen’ who were extending logistic support to the banned outfit.

Rourkela SP Diptesh Patnaik said all those detained were Maoist ‘cadres and militia.’ Further investigations are on, he added.The police action was based on mobile phone tracking .

It is learnt that two SIM cards used during the abduction and killing of SI Bardhan belonged to two of the detainees of Chandiposh’s Mundatola area, while at least seven detainees were engaged as workers at the Chandiposh railway sidings.

All of a sudden, Maoists had stepped up violence in the sub-division since July which included blasting of three forest buildings in quick succession at Tamra and Birda areas on August 20.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe this is among the most important info for me. And i am satisfied reading your
article. But want to observation on few general things, The site taste is perfect, the articles is truly great
: D. Good task, cheers

Feel free to surf to my website - hardwood floor

Anonymous said...

wonderful issues altogether, you just received a logo new reader.
What might you recommend in regards to your submit that you made a
few days ago? Any sure?

my site :: hardwood floors

Anonymous said...

We're a gaggle of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your website provided us with helpful information to work on. You have performed an impressive activity and our whole group will probably be thankful to you.

Feel free to visit my weblog - flooridian.multiply.com

Anonymous said...

Hi, I do believe this is a great blog. I stumbledupon
it ;) I'm going to return once again since i have saved as a favorite it. Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide other people.

Here is my page - hardwood floors

Anonymous said...

Hello just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your article seem
to be running off the screen in Safari. I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility but I figured I'd post to
let you know. The layout look great though! Hope you get the issue
fixed soon. Thanks

Feel free to visit my webpage ... discount hardwood floor
My web page :: discount hardwood floors

Anonymous said...

Tremendous things here. I am very satisfied to peer your article.
Thanks so much and I'm looking forward to contact you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?
hardwood floors installation

My web blog - cleaning hardwood floors
My site > engineered hardwood floors

Anonymous said...

Hello friends, its wonderful post concerning cultureand fully defined, keep
it up all the time.

My website :: Learn Additional