Friday, November 13, 2009

Orissa to seek joint anti-Maoist operation

Bhubaneswar, Nov 13 (PTI) With unabated Maoist attacks claiming seven lives, including three CRPF jawans, in a span of three days, the Orissa government today decided to seek a joint anti-Naxal operation soon in consultation with the Centre.

"Union Home Secretary G K Pillai is coming here on November 20. We will take up the matter with him and seek an early special operation against Maoists," Chief Secretary T K Mishra said after a high-level meeting chaired by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.

While Maoists killed four persons in Rayagada district on November 11, they eliminated three CRPF jawans today by triggering a landmine blast in Malkangiri district.

Describing the incident as "tragic", Patnaik said the state police had already launched combing operation to apprehend those involved in the incident.

No comments: