Monday, November 16, 2009

Sadhu wants security cover back

Patna, Nov 16 (PTI) Citing threat to his life, Congress leader and RJD supremo Lalu Prasad's brother-in-law Anirudh Prasad alias Sadhu Yadav has urged Home Minister P Chidambaram to restore his security cover.

"I am facing threat from Nepali Maoists, naxalites and political forces opposed to me for my contributions to revive the Congress in Bihar....I wish to keep the security cover I had earlier as a Lok Sabha member," Yadav said in his letter to Chidambaram.

"I also have many political opponents who are averse to my stay in the Congress... My life is under threat," he said.

Yadav enjoyed CISF and CRPF security when he was an MP.

But after a recent review, the Centre has curtailed the security cover of many politicians in the country.

State home department officials said Yadav's request for enhanced security was under consideration.

No comments: