Monday, February 15, 2010

Naxals attack joint forces camp in Bengal, 17 armymen feared killed

Press Trust Of India
Kolkata, February 15, 2010

At least 17 persons reportedly were killed as armed Maoists attacked a joint security forces camp and planted landmines on the road leading to it at Sildha in troubled West Midnapore district this evening.

District Magistrate N S Nigam said at least 50 Maoists riding on motorcycles attacked and overran the camp with
sophisticated arms.

"The Maoists burnt the camp and planted landmines on the entire length of the road leading to the camp. Night
vision force with anti-landmine vehicles have been sent," Nigam said.

According to Nigam, two bodies were seen lying on the roadside near Belpahari police station.

DGP Bhupinder Singh said the number of casualties was yet to be known.

Asked how many personnel were there in the camp, Singh said, "There were nearly 40 Eastern Frontier jawans in the
camp and we still don't know the exact number of casualties."

Singh said enforcements had been sent from Binpur and Belpahari camps. The forces had been warned of hidden
landmines on the entire stretch of of road. (With agencies input)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

天氣涼了~要注意身體喔@~@..............................