Saturday, April 17, 2010

Orphaned by Naxals, kids living in despair

New Delhi: The fight over what should be the strategy to deal with the Naxal menace may take some time to take a decisive tilt in a particular direction. But for those who have lost everything in this mindless killing game, it will have little consequence.

About 150 children, orphaned by Naxalites, quietly live in a residential school in Dantewada, singing songs of peace and hope.

About 150 kids are living in a residential school in Dantewada, singing songs of peace and hope.

For six year-old Indu, her world came crashing down one year back at her home in Murliguda. Naxals attacked the house and killed both her parents. Because they suspected her father was a police informer. She now lives in a government school in the heart of South Bastar-Dantewara along with other children of her age.




"I was studying that day at my aunt's place I was taken home. My mother and father were killed by Naxalites," says Indu. She is not the only one who has no one to call her own after Naxalites killed her parents. About 150 children living in this school have the same story to tell. Naxalites killed their parents.

Manju, a class nine student now, lost her father. None of these children have anything to do with either the state or the Naxals. But they were caught in the crossfire and are paying the heaviest price. "They attacked my house. They burnt our house. They killed my father and burnt my house," says Manju.

Suresh was just six-year-old when terror struck him. "My father was killed by Naxals during broad day light. I was in school when he was killed. My uncle sent me here after that," says Suresh. It's the same story for Suba Rao. His mother was unable to make ends meet after Naxals killed his father and sent him to the school. "My father was killed by Naxals," says Suba.

These kids are encouraged to play so that they can forget what happened to their families. These prayers and songs are what make them stronger. But they still carry painful memories of how they used to sing in happier times.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, I think your website might be having browser compatibility issues.
When I look at your blog site in Firefox, it looks fine but
when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.
I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that, excellent blog!


My web site ... Motorcycle news

Anonymous said...

Awesome site you have here but I was wondering if you knew of any
forums that cover the same topics discussed in this article?
I'd really like to be a part of group where I can get responses from other knowledgeable people that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Kudos!

My weblog: government articles

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Many thanks

Feel free to visit my web blog ... textiles manufacturing

Anonymous said...

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my blog thus i came to “return the
favor”.I am trying to find things to enhance my website!
I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!

Feel free to visit my weblog ... Latest travel News

Anonymous said...

You should take part in a contest for one of the best websites on the internet.
I will highly recommend this site!

Stop by my webpage ... financial and business news

Anonymous said...

Hello! This post couldn’t be written any benefit! Looking over this post reminds me of my classic
room mate! That he always kept speaking about this. I am going to forward this write-up to him.
Confident he'll have a good read. Thank you for sharing!

Here is my site; social media and communication

Anonymous said...

Hello every one, here every person is sharing these knowledge, thus it's nice to read this blog, and I used to pay a visit this webpage daily.

My page; agryd.com

Anonymous said...

I'm really loving the theme/design of your blog. Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility issues? A handful of my blog visitors have complained about my site not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Safari. Do you have any suggestions to help fix this problem?

My homepage www.linkiamo.com

Anonymous said...

I am truly thankful to the owner of this web page who has shared this wonderful article at
at this time.

Here is my web page; government article

Anonymous said...

continuously i used to read smaller posts which
also clear their motive, and that is also happening with this post which I am reading at this place.


Feel free to visit my web page; shatop.ru

Anonymous said...

I think that what you said made a great
deal of sense. However, consider this, suppose you composed a
catchier post title? I ain't saying your content is not good., but suppose you added something that makes people want more? I mean "Orphaned by Naxals, kids living in despair" is kinda boring. You ought to look at Yahoo's
home page and see how they create article headlines to grab people to open the links.

You might add a video or a related picture or two to grab readers
excited about everything've written. Just my opinion, it might make your posts a little bit more interesting.

Here is my web site ... http://junakigroups.com

Anonymous said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put
in penning this blog. I really hope to view the same high-grade content by
you in the future as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my own, personal blog now ;
)

Feel free to visit my web-site - travel article

Anonymous said...

I visited various sites except the audio quality for
audio songs present at this web page is actually superb.


My web blog ... www.my-deaf.eu

Anonymous said...

I will be really loving the theme/design of one's weblog. Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility issues? A handful of my blog audience have complained about my site not working precisely in Explorer but looks great in Chrome. Are you experiencing any suggestions to greatly help fix this matter?

Also visit my web-site - Finance Business News

Anonymous said...

Ahaa, its pleasant conversation concerning this post here at this webpage, I have
read all that, so now me also commenting here.


Here is my blog - greenhost.ro

Anonymous said...

Greetings! This really is my first visit to your site!

We are a team of volunteers and starting a brand new initiative in
a community in exactly the same niche. Your site provided us of good use information to work on.
You have done a extraordinary job!

Feel free to visit my web-site: http://fattytofancy.com/members/terrellre/activity/102382